Are you planning an upcoming wedding and feel overwhelmed? It is difficult to plan and execute your wedding day by yourself, even the help of friends and family can still amount to total frustration. Knowing there is still so much to do, and so little time to do it in, you might want to enlist the help of a paid professional. In an effort to help you get ready for your big day, I have provided you with a wedding checklist to ensure you have a beautiful, memorable event. My number one piece of advice, “If you haven’t already secured a wedding planner to handle your ceremony, and reception, you may want to give one a quick call now.” A wedding planner is a specialist. They are dedicated to helping the bride have a stress free day, and nothing is more important on your big day then to be worry free. You want to give a wedding planner advanced notice, so be sure and call ahead for your initial appointment, then, they can put together a schedule for your special moment. If you are rushed,and need someone to help on the spot, most wedding planners (for a charge) will happily sit down with you- even close to last minute- if you schedule an appointment, and provide them enough time to finalize last minute every detail. Some may even take time to make some suggestions over the phone (for no charge at all).
From planning your wedding beginning to end; hiring a skillful wedding planner will make certain you are informed of all the latest and greatest in wedding fashions, décor, and competitive prices. You will be in know concerning everything from rentals, to where to book an event, hiring entertainment,and even suggesting a hair salon, or day spa to pamper you on your most important of days. Most if not all Weddin Planners have a comprehensive list of vendors rght at their fingertips. If you do not plan on using a wedding planner, don’t panic, I have assembled a check-list of particulars you may want to consider when planning for you big day. Also, remember, it is a good idea to have an announcement party, or some type of formal, or informal declaration of your intentions- once you are sure you will have a wedding. Below are 20 things you should remember when planning your special day.
Wedding Planner Checklist:
1) First: Contact your local newspaper to announce your engagement and wedding date
2) Then, plan and host an announcement party
3) Decide on the type of ceremony you wish to have:
• Traditional, Non-traditional, religious, multi-cultural
4) Set a Date for your Nuptials
5) Purchase announcements and Thank-you cards.
6) Decide on location of ceremony:
• Indoors, outdoors, or remote location
• Provide wedding guests with plenty of time to plan for a wedding if it is not located in their own town i.e. airplane, train, or bus reservations, or car travel time.
7) Wedding Dress, Veil, Shoes
• Set aside enough money to purchase a dress, or have someone hand make it, you can also borrow a dress, rent a dress but make sure your dress is a perfect fit! (visit a good seamstress)
8) Wedding party dresses
• Traditional, Modern, Matching, Multi-Cultural-also, express to your attendants who will be paying for their bridesmaid dresses (you or them?)
9) Tuxedos – Who will be paying for your groomsmen’s tuxedos?
10) Rings (Traditional: His and Her Bands, or Non-Traditional)
11) Planning for your wedding dinner: A sit down meal or a la cart (Contact a caterer either way!)
13) Hire someone to provide entertainment for the after party, and music during the ceremony
• Guitarist, Harpist, String Quartet, Pianist, Wedding Singer (s), Band, Taped Music
14) Photographers, or Videographers (or , someone you know with a steady hand to record your Day in pictures)
15) Brides Bouquet and / or Throw Bouquet (real or silk flowers)
16) Decorations ranging from simple to extravagant-
• Real or silk flower arrangements, ribbons, rice bird seed (to throw after the ceremony)
• Table Decorations(candles, candies, confetti, disposable Cameras)
17) Hair Stylists, Salons, or Day Spas
• Hire someone to do your hair and your wedding party’s hair. It is important for everyone to be in sync, most modern salons offer wedding party discounts
18) Wedding Dessert (Cake, Pie, Cup-Cakes)
• Elaborate, Simple, Traditional, Non-Traditional-a delicious cake is traditional, and one of the highlights of the after party
• Limousine or Carriage ride for you and your wedding party to and from the ceremony and possibly- on to your next destination
20) Honeymoon plans
• Extravagant (Honeymoon resort), Simple (Bed and Breakfast), None at all
Another piece of advice: Consult Bridal magazines. Modern Bride, and Brides, which all give sound advice, provides interesting articles, and features a variety of dress, decoration, and wedding ideas that fit a variety of budgets. The beauty of hiring someone else to handle the intricate details of your wedding day can provide you with a blissful well put together event. A thoughtful wedding planner will typcally sit down with you either in their office, or where ever it is convenient for you at the time, to sketch out every detail- down to a precise science.Finding a dedicated wedding planner can be as simple as opening your phone book, conducting an internet search, or asking someone you know. You will have to do some work, like help come up with some intimate ideas to personalize your event, but your highly regarded input ensures you that your special day is exactly what you hoped for. It really does pay, to have someone else figure out those bigger plans, so you can focus on relaxing and enjoy your moment.